1. Maine Potato Blossom Festival - Fort Fairfield - July 14-22
Enjoy the 71st year of this family-friendly celebration that lasts for nine days. The main events are happening from the 19th to the 22nd. Magic, music, a parade and fireworks are a few of the spectacular things going on at this festival.
2. Central Maine Egg Festival - Pittsfield - July 9-14
Enjoy an egg-cellent weekend full of food, crafts and fireworks, and don’t miss the Famous Big Parade.
3. Yarmouth Clam Festival - Yarmouth - July 20-22
“Always the third Friday in July”, the clam festival hosts a parade, fireworks, music across three stages, races, crafts, and delicious food.
4. Maine Brewers' Guild Beer Festival: Summer Edition - Portland - July 28
(21+ event) This is the best chance of the summer to try Maine's best craft brews and listen to great music. Enjoy the sun and relax while munching on tasty food from area food trucks.
5. Redneck [Blank], Pig Roast and Music Festival - Hebron – August 2-5
Enjoy a great, lighthearted festival with mud runs, beer, camping and great food in its eighth year.
6. Maine Lobster Festival - Rockland - August 1-5
Held every year in the first weekend of August, there’s lots of lobster to enjoy at this festival--a seafood cooking contest, arts and crafts, a parade and lots of great music.
7. Maine Highland Games and Scottish Festival - Topsham - August 18
Celebrate all things Scottish with music, dancing, games and savoury food from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
8. Great Falls Balloon Festival - Lewiston/Auburn - August 17-19
Take flight and see the vistas surrounding the Lewiston/Auburn area from the sky, either at dawn or dusk.
9. Camden Windjammer Fest - Camden – August 31 and September 1
Celebrate Camden's maritime heritage at this weekend full of schooners, races, history and plenty of other maritime activities.
It's not your typical fair. It is a world of sustainability, environmentally-sound living products with organic agricultural demonstrations, arts & crafts, nonprofit that better our world and lots of livestock enjoy and experience.
Nancy E. Randolph operates Just Write Books, publishing Maine books by Maine authors telling Maine stories. Randolph quickly developed a reputation as a publisher of quality Maine books. An active community member along with two others she founded and serves as a member of the board of Save Our Swinging Bridge.Org to ensure the maintenance of the historic Roebling-designed and -built bridge connecting Topsham and Brunswick.