2. Find a literary agent: Research agents that represent books in your genre and make a list of potentials.
3. Submit a query letter: Compose a letter to the agents introducing yourself and your book.
4. Wait for a response: Agents may take several weeks or months to respond.
5. Revise your manuscript: If the agent requests changes, make the necessary edits.
6. Sign a contract: Once the agent finds a publisher, you’ll need to sign a contract outlining the terms of the agreement.
7. Begin the publishing process: This includes editing, designing a cover, formatting, and proofreading.
8. Promote your book: Once your book is released, you’ll need to promote it to reach potential readers.
The Maine woods and waters,
So beautiful and still,
Their rolling hills and rocky shores,
A sight for eyes to fill.
The pine trees and the birches,
The cool, clear streams that flow,
The ocean waves that crash ashore,
A sight to make us know.
The loons that call across the lake,
The eagles that soar on high,
The blue heron that stands so still,
A sight to make us sigh.
The ocean mist that lingers,
The sunlight that warms the shore,
The fragrant air that carries,
A sight to love forever more.