1. Maine Potato Blossom Festival - Fort Fairfield - July 9-17
Enjoy this family-friendly celebration that lasts for nine days. Enjoy races, live music, a parade and even fireworks all honoring the area's agricultural heritage.
2. Central Maine Egg Festival - Pittsfield - July 11-16
Enjoy an eggs-cellent weekend full of food, crafts and fireworks.
3. Yarmouth Clam Festival - Yarmouth - July 15-17
Another weekend full of tasty food, arts & crafts, carnival rides and even a magic show.
4. Maine Brewers' Guild Beer Festival: Summer Edition - Portland - July 23
Get a chance to try some of Maine's best craft brews while listening to some great music. Enjoy the sun and relax while munching on tasty food from area food truck.
5. Redneck [Blank], Pig Roast and Music Festival - Hebron - July 28-31
Enjoy a great, lighthearted festival of food, camping and music.
6. Maine Lobster Festival - Rockland - August 3-7
Lots of lobster to enjoy at this festival--a seafood cooking contest, arts and crafts, a parade and lots of great music.
7. Maine Highland Games and Scottish Festival - Topsham - August 20
Celebrate all things Scottish with music, dancing, games and tasty food.
8. Great Falls Balloon Festival - Lewiston/Auburn - August 19-21
May the force be with you at this year's Star Wars themed festival. Take flight and see the vistas surrounding the Lewiston/Auburn area from the sky.
9. Camden Windjammer Fest - Camden - September 2-4
Celebrate Camden's maritime heritage at this weekend full of schooners, races, history and plenty of other maritime activities.
10. Common Ground Country Fair - Unity - September 23-25
It's your typical fair with agricultural demonstrations, arts & crafts and lots of livestock see.
Is your favorite festival not listed here? What is it?
Nancy E. Randolph operates Just Write Books. With the tagline Maine books, Maine authors, Maine stories, Randolph quickly developed a reputation as a publisher of quality Maine books. An active community member she co-chaired the rehabilitation effort of the Androscoggin Swinging Bridge and guided the planning and creation of two riverside parks at each end. Along with two others she founded and serves as a member of the board of Save Our Swinging Bridge.Org to ensure the maintenance of the historic Roebling designed and built bridge connecting Topsham and Brunswick.